The term ‘Life Skills’ refers to the skills you need to make the most out of life. Life skills are usually associated with managing and living a better quality of life. They help us to accomplish our ambitions and live to our full potential.
Different life skills will be more or less relevant at different times your life, for example:
– When at school or university, you’ll need study skills
– When buying a house, negotiation skills may be needed
– You’ll need to work on your employability skills to get a job.
– When you have a job, leadership and presentation skills may be useful, along with a whole host of other skills.
– When you start a family you’ll need parenting skills. Also time management and organizational skills are likely to become important.
– There will be times throughout your life when you’ll need conflict resolution, stress-management and problem solving skills too.
Perhaps the most important life skill is the ability and willingness to learn.
By learning new skills we increase our understanding of the world around us and equip ourselves with the tools we need to live a more productive and fulfilling life, finding ways to cope with the challenges that life, inevitably, throws at us.
The objective for this module is show and teach the individuals how to properly set out a daily schedule in order to make the most out of their day, and reach their goals.
Dealing With Anger
This module is designed to help the individuals deal with anger before it gets out of control. In this module the individual will learn how to identify the root cause of their anger and healthy coping skills which will help them not get to the point of anger and rage.
This module is designed to deal with developing a financial budget. Individuals can expect to gain a good perspective of their financial needs and resources. They will be able to determine if changes in spending patterns may help them.
This module is designed to help participants deal with stress in their daily living. They will learn stress reduction techniques that meet their personal style and comfort.